Southwest Louisiana Charter Academy Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit entity organized exclusively for educational purposes and is comprised of respected leaders in the Lake Charles community that are committed to providing high quality educational options for the citizens of the Calcasieu Parish.
For more information, or if you have any questions, please email us.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for developing and outlining the mission, vision, and values of the school and developing the appropriate policies to ensure those fundamentals are maintained. The Southwest Louisiana Charter Academy Foundation, Inc. Board of Trustees has contracted with a professional education management organization, Charter Schools USA, to provide all necessary management and professional expertise. Charter Schools USA assists in developing, planning, and marketing the School, as well as finance, human resources, curricula and school operations. Charter Schools USA is responsible for developing and implementing the ongoing operational procedures in accordance with the mission, vision, and values outlined by the Governing Board.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for the legal and financial obligations of each school. The Board of Trustees establishes policy consistent with the school’s mission and ensures the school’s programs and operations are faithful to the terms of the Charter including compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements. The Board of Trustees will continue to uphold the mission and vision of the school through visible leadership and stewardship of the school, including the following:
- Communicating the mission and vision of the school to the community
- Recruiting and mentoring Board of Trustees members to ensure they have shared values
- Holding Charter Schools USA accountable to achieving the mission and vision of the school
- Participating in fund raising and other community events on behalf of the school
- Leading by example in their personal and professional endeavors
The Southwest Louisiana Charter Academy Foundation Governing Board
- Judge Ulysses Gene Thibodeaux, President
- Charles Honore, Vice President
- Clyde Mitchell, Secretary
- Phyllis Kittling, Trustee
- Dr. Michael Kurth, Trustee
- Nicole Simien, Trustee
- Sylvia Stelly, Trustee
For accessibility assistance with the pdfs below, please contact the school.
Student Privacy Information
- Information regarding Student Privacy (pdf)
- Management Agreement (pdf) and Addendum (pdf)
- Privacy Complaint form
- E Funds Contract and Addendum (pdf)
- Mathletics Contract and Addendum (pdf)
- PowerSchool Contract and Addendum (pdf)
Custodian of Records
Amanda Zachary, School Operations Administrator
Parent Grievance Procedure
If a parent has a grievance or complaint, please follow the process below:
- Seek to resolve the problem with the teacher, if applicable.
- If problem is not resolved, meet with school administration via an appointment.
- If still unresolved, please contact School Support, CSUSA at 954-202-3500.